Theatre of War 2: Kursk 1943
About this game
Theatre of War 2: Kursk 1943, the historically accurate and detailed real-time tactical war game, welcomes military history fans to the battle which gave the Red Army the strategic initiative for the rest of the war. The new project in the award-winning Theatre of War series depicts the initial (defensive) stage of the Kursk battle.
Assuming the role of either the Russian or German battle group commander, acting under direct orders of division commanders Ivan Chistyakov or Valter Hoernlein, players will control their troops in historical scenarios on precisely reconstructed authentic battlefields.
Five days of July
In Theatre of War 2: Kursk 1943, you control the units of the battle group belonging to German division Grossdeutschland or the forces of the Soviet 67th Guards Rifle Division and 3rd Mechanized Corps, which participated in the defensive stage of the Kursk battle at the south face of the Kursk salient. There are two campaigns – German and Soviet:
• Fiery Salient (forces of the Soviet 6th Guards and 1st Tank Army, July 5-10, 1943)
• Operation Citadel (German division Grossdeutschland Kampfgruppe, July 5-10, 1943)
Each campaign consists of up to 9 engagements and puts you in charge of a typical military unit from that period. Each soldier and officer is a unique personality with characteristics and skills which can change during the campaign. Careful planning and troops selection is recommended before each engagement.
- Take control over the mighty Soviet or German battle group in one of the battles which changed the history of the world;
- Simulation-level visibility, ballistics and armor penetration systems. All vital vehicle systems and crew members are individually modeled;
- Two historical campaigns (up to 18 missions total) and an unlimited number of customizable engagements waiting to be created with a few mouse clicks using the built-in Mission Generator;
- Sophisticated AI for both enemy and your own units;
- Over 60 Soviet, German and lend-leased US and British player-controllable units (not counting various infantry squads);
- Unsurpassed management of battle personnel. You can choose, assign, promote and award up to several thousand people with various characteristics. You can even rename units for easier recognition in the heat of battle;
- Team multiplayer for up to 8 players (control of key points or assault/defense) with reinforcements, artillery barrages and air strikes;
- Tools for creating your own missions and maps (built-in Mission Generator, wizard-like Simple Editor, full-blown Mission Editor and 3D Map Editor).
Games we think you’ll like