The Oil Blue
About this game
The Oil Blue is an indie action-sim that has you drilling for oil in the world's oceans, selling barrels of oil on the market, and exploring new islands once you completed objectives set by your employer, the United Oil of Oceania company.
Once you land on an island, you have a set amount of days and oil barrels to make during your stay. Fire up those old drilling machines and start making oil underwater, watch the oil barrel market and sell at the highest price, repair machines and do it all within the time you’re given…or the UOO will boot you off the island for a better crew. Sell more barrels to achieve higher ranks and perks, upgrade your machines, and conquer the ocean!
- Hours and hours of gameplay as you move from one island to the next, with all content on each island being randomly generated for a unique experience each time you play.
- A thorough tutorial that’s fast and easy to get through.
- Fifty-level ranking/XP system that rewards players the longer they play, as well as unlockable extra content.
- Solid game engine that ensures maximum compatibility across all types of computers and platforms (XP, Vista and 7).
- DRM free.
- A unique storyline that’s set in the near future, and incorporates the recent oil disasters and the consequences thereafter.
- Simulation aspect with a hands-on approach ensures a fast and chaotic burst of gameplay as you drill for oil while watching the oil market and managing machines within eight minutes (or one day of in game time).
- Colorblind option available.
- Original music by Jonathan Geer, with artwork by Sara Gross. Game by David Galindo.
Games we think you’ll like