Heroes of Shaola
About this game
Zenman Empire is the largest nation in the world. It is located in the central region and surrounded by the bloodthirsty Martia Kingdom (formerly the Martia Tribes) in the north, the deceptively powerful Amazail Kingdom in the south, and the unpredictable House Lagidis in the west.
Each year, the vassal factions must pay a tribute with gifts, weapons, women, and gold to Zenman Empire.
Its capital city, Zalumi, has been protected by the four most powerful noble families. Those four families are the Sutherlands, the Pantelakos, the Totens, and the Rileys.
One morning, Leonardo, the only child of the Sutherlands, was nowhere to be found. His mysterious disappearance shocked the nation.
Meanwhile, in the north, Martia Kingdom has been staring at Zalumi for years. The Amazailians are also lurking around from the south.
Both are growing tired of being a vassal nation. They are tiring of paying tributes to Zenman Empire.
They have been watching Zalumi like a hawk, waiting for a chance to take action.
Sources from Iron Eagle, the mysterious organization from Zuda Kingdom, revealed that Martia and Amazail have been trying to form an alliance.
The once great Zenman Empire is suddenly facing two big threats from the north and south.
Characteristics and Features
- An engaging, captivating story with plot twists.
- Jump, slash bushes, find secret treasures, explore hidden areas.
- Simplified sideview turn-based battle system with visible enemies. No random encounters or invisible monsters. Bandits and aggressive beasts will approach you. Less aggressive opponents will leave you alone, unless you initiate the attack.
- Grinding is unnecessary. All you need to do to win is be careful with each decision, look out for quests and hidden secrets, manage your money (buy/sell) wisely, and use your skill, items, and potions carefully.
- The plots and dialogues are managed carefully in order to bring each character to life.
- No Game Over. We all know how much time we spent dying on games and it's the most frustrating thing in the world.
- Good replay value with multiple endings based on many variables, including multiple choices and subtle triggers.
The stories, settings and gameplay that have influenced the making of this game are:
- Game of Thrones and the novel A Song of Ice and Fire.
- The Middle-Earth universe from The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms and the rivalries between factions.
- Zelda series and some aspect of the gameplay, rewards, secrets, hidden areas.
- Norse/Germanic, Chinese and Japanese mythology.
- European and Asian medieval history.
Games we think you’ll like