Another fine Norwegian Airport by Jo Erlend Sund. This time it`s Tromsø Airport on the island of Tromsøya. The scenery includes a highly detailed recreation of Tromsø airport and it´s surroundings and is fully compatible to Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Lockheed Martin Prepar3D. Covering 121km² it features hundreds of custom buildings with excellent textures and “baked shadows”. The terminal itself comes with a detailed interior and animated passengers. Tromsø heliport and a functional docking system is also included.
About the Airport
Tromsø Airport Langnes is located on the western part of Tromsøya, the island Tromsø is located on. The airport is currently the largest airport in Northern Norway, serving more than 1.8 Million passengers in 2013. The airport serves the city of Tromsø, but also the many municipals surrounding Tromsø, and have connecting flights with many of the regional airports in Northern Norway. Though there are some international flights to some European hubs, mainly in England and The Russian Federation. Most flights are domestic flights, connecting passengers to larger airports with more international destinations, like Oslo Airport.
The airport has seen multiple expansions during it‘s lifetime to cope with the increasing passenger numbers. The runway that had an original length of 2000 meters has now been extended to 2447 meters. In 1977 a new terminal was built, shaped like a semicircle, this building is still in use, though the main terminal that‘s in use now was built in 1998. During the last expansion other areas of the airport was modernized as well, including the Tower building.
- Highly detailed representation of Tromsø Airport (ICAO: ENTC, IATA: TOS)
- Fully compatible with FSX and P3D
- High resolution ground image for the airport boundary
- Large photo scenery coverage surrounding area (121km² | 50cm/pixel)
- Hundreds of custom buildings covering the surrounding area
- Highly detailed building textures with baked shadows
- High resolution textures (2048) included as an option
- High resolution runway and taxiways
- Realistic night time effects and lightning
- Highly detailed terminal interior