Antarctica X is a special FSX add-on. It covers a complete continent in stunning detail. Using previously unavailable technology the whole coastline (including icebergs etc) is modeled. Inland the high mountains form a dramatic backdrop for the many research bases that depend on brave aviators for supplies.
Antarctica is without a doubt the most dangerous continent for aviation. Not only is it the windiest place on the globe, it also has the highest average altitude. About 40% of the time the weather make flying impossible but just as often conditions are marginal. The runways are either gravel or ice, terrain features often hard to find and navigation aids are missing. Compasses are notoriously unreliable and GPS coverage is spotty. It’s a place where only those who dare will fly. Antarctica X is an ideal FSX add-on for people who are looking for a challenge and who like to explore a whole new continent.
- The whole continent (as far as FSX allows) in high definition terrain mesh
- All the major artic research stations includes in very high detail
- Many special (sound) effects
- Created in cooperation with artic researchers
- Includes a ski Equipped DHC-6 Twin Otter, the ideal aircraft for the rough runways
- Special tool to change season and settings
- Extended and detailed manual that includes many ideas for flights