For more than two centuries, Rome has slowly expanded her control over the tribes of ancient Italy. But as her borders encroach on the proudly independent Greeks of the Southern coast, they call upon an ambitious young king from across the sea to come to their aid. Eager for glory, Pyrrhus, the “eagle” of Epirus, gathers his armies and sets sail for Italy. Commanding phalangites from Macedonia, cavalry from Thessaly, and rare War Elephants from Egypt, Pyrrhus will challenge Rome with the fiercest warriors of the Greek world. But the cost of victory will be high, and Pyrrhus' ambitions do not end at pushing back the Romans. The Eagle King believes himself to be the next Alexander, and does not plan to sail home until he has carved out a new empire of his own.
- New Historical Campaign. Hegemony III's first historical scenario follows the campaigns of “The Eagle King”, Pyrrhus of Epirus as he battles against Rome and Carthage to forge himself a new empire. The all-new scenario includes scripted battles, historical notes and more than two dozen new objectives.
- Expanded Map. Expanded map adds the island of Sicily to the original sandbox with more than 20 new cities and a dozen new factions including Epirus, Syracuse, Mamertines and more.
- New Invasion Sandbox Mode. Inspired by the Gallic and Epirote invasions of Italy, play the sandbox in a whole new way with a customized army and no starting cities. New objectives allow you to forge alliances and intimidate rivals as you march your army towards a new empire.
- New Units. Wage war with powerful new units including Pyrrhus' War Elephants, Macedonian Phalangites, Thessalian Cavalry and more.
- Expanded Naval Warfare. Expanded naval campaign with new ships, tactics and mechanics.