X³: REUNION continues to lead the way in offering players the ultimate open ended game play experience, backed by an addictive storyline and intense combat/trading action. Utilising the 'X³ Reality' engine, X³ pushes the graphical boundary to movie quality in-game graphics. TRADE in a new economy, dynamically reactive in pricing relative to supply and demand. FIGHT individual dog fights or command full-scale fleets against massive enemy armadas. Budding trade entrepreneurs can BUILD interconnecting factories to create huge space borne complexes, to truly mass produce commodities. THINK through a professional screen-written story line, to unravel the destiny of the galaxy.
- X³: REUNION engine utilizes the very latest DirectX 9 graphical technology; pixel shader technology is used to create realistic reflections across a variety of surface types, while bump maps and specula maps add detail to the geometry of objects
- A freshly developed economy system allows for more imaginative ways to conquer your foes via commerce. Functions using established business models of 'Elasticity of demand', 'Economies of scale' and 'Return on investment'. Factories are constructed by non player characters, which can freely trade; wars in sectors affect the universal economy, while opportunities bring challenges to both novice and experienced players.
- Over 200 newly designed models have been created for X³. Star ship detail has been massively increased; over 10 times greater than the previous game at an average of 25,000 polygons per ship
- A new graphical user interface prevents less screen obstruction and faster access to all game options.
- Completely redesigned X universe, with new high detailed environments including asteroid fields, dense gaseous nebulae's, star ship graveyards and much more. Players can fly much closer to planetary bodies; where space stations can hang in low planetary orbits.
- A multitude of new technologies and weapons systems, make the player even more devastating in combat; multi threat targeting system allows for numerous targets to be pin pointed simultaneously.
- Controllable via joystick, keyboard and mouse cursor; all are fully re-mappable giving the player infinite choice over control layout, which can be stored as custom profiles