Storm over the Pacific is a game that takes place during 1937-1945. It depicts the conflict between the Japanese Empire, the USA and other allies during World War II. Choose from around 30 available countries with their precise army structure. You can concentrate on controlling one country or govern a few to feel like a leader of the whole alliance or to fight with yourself. Thanks to this kind of freedom the game offers you hundreds of hours of entertaining gameplay.
During the game you can choose if you want to play truthfully to history or if you prefer to follow your own path. It's up to you, how you will use your divisions, planes and ships, how you will conduct technological development, whether or not you will use the nuclear bomb and how you will respond to the historical and random events which might occur during gameplay. It's entirely your call Whether you choose to be fast and aggressive or cautious, taking well-considered decisions according to the geopolitical and economic situation, current weather and the lay of the land in the range of operation. Playing Storm over the Pacific, you will feel as if you had become a leader of a country during the Pacific War.
Even though the AI set to high difficulty can cause a lot of trouble even to veteran players, nothing will give you as much satisfaction as beating another player or cooperating with him against AI in Hot Seat or PBEM mode.
An innovative interface is also a very important element of Storm over the Pacific. It's worth noticing that it's configurable, it allows you to freely arrange the information and managing components on the screen. Thanks to this kind of freedom, the interface becomes intuitive for everyone. It's possible to administer all your troops on the main map, the player has everything at hand, saving time and allowing to concentrate on the most important aspect of the game, which is devising a suitable strategy.
A scenario editor and an event editor are added to the game. Both these developer tools were used during the creation of the game. They will let the gaming community easily modify already existing scenarios or create new ones, significantly extending the replayability of the game.
Follow this link to see more videos from the game, including tutorials.
• World War 2 Asian and Pacific theatre (China, Burma, India, US western coast, Australia, Philippines, Malaya, Indonesia, Siberia, Pacific islands and surrounding waters, Pacific ocean and part of Indian Ocean)
• 4 grand campaigns (Pacific 1941, Australia 1942, China 1937 and 1941)
• 10 different maps
• Ten smaller scenarios
• Time line 1937 -1948
• Day - week timescale (depending on scenario)
• Almost 30 countries
• Possibility to play as any country or as combination of any countries
• Hundreds of historical events
• 16 types of units
• Combined Land, Air and Naval Combat
• Balanced naval system
• Fully historical, detailed orders of battle
• Historical names for all units
• Historical commanders
• Customized graphics for major countries (sprites and counters)
• Operative A.I.
• Military building oriented economic system
• Diplomacy focused on main alliances
• Technological race and Atomic bomb
• Logistics system (supply dependent units)
• Weather system (snow, spring and autumn rainfalls)
• Fog of War (customizable)
• Mutiplyer (HotSeat and PBEM)
• Ease of modding
• Extended game editor
• Event editor
• Over 60 minutes of music