The much anticipated sequel to the surprise simulation hit of last year will not only add new harbours and many new vessels, but also much desired things like advanced weather conditions and open sea missions. Ship Simulator will amaze you with its progress and will rock your simulated world.
Ship Simulator 2008 will include the following new features:
- Three brand new exciting sailing areas: San Francisco, Southampton/Solent area incl. Cowes, and Marseille.
- Nine brand new vessels, from pilot boat to supertanker, including even a massive offshore oil rig
- User-controlled harbour container cranes
- Ocean waves, with realistic ship motions
- Long-distance trips between harbours (open sea missions)
- Walkthrough option on all ships
- Interactive bridge controls on all ships
- Advanced weather system
- New navigation instruments, including a depth meter
- Mid-mission save function
- Visible damage on ships after a collision
- Advanced towing, anchoring and mooring rope operations
- Complex and challenging missions, like chasing other ships, container loading, rescue operations
- Free-roam option: select a ship, a sailing environment, set the weather and wave conditions, and start sailing!