Smugglers 4 is a turn-based science-fiction space-trading game. You have the option to be a greedy trader, an ambitious bounty hunter, a ruthless pirate, or a multitude of the many professions that the game has to offer. Through trading, fulfilling missions, or pirating, you earn the money and skills necessary to buy new ships and upgrade your equipment. Additionally, you'll have to manage a crew, board & plunder enemy ships, and even conquer star systems.
The game offers an open-ended gameplay where the opportunities are virtually limitless, and your actions will ultimately have an impact on the galactic scale.
- Acquire up to 60 different abilities and choose between 6 different professions (trader, combat trader, mercenary, bounty hunter, smuggler, pirate).
- 24 star systems with over 75 planets. Visit your favorite planets or discover some new systems. Beautifully crafted planet art.
- Four different factions with completetly different ship textures, uniforms and medals (depending on your success you can pin rank signs, ribbons and medals on your proud chest).
- Improved crew combat now featuring battle droids, EMP weapons and commando attacks. You can board and capture enemy ships.
- Completetly new spaceships ranging from small fighters and corvettes up to large freighters and battleships.
- The ships have special equipment and abilities that makes every spaceship unique.
- New turn-based space combat system including different abilities such as cloaking, recharging shields, boarding enemy ships, etc.
- Improved trade systems (Realistic supply-and-demand based pricing for those who love to trade)
- Improved non-linear war and campaign system. You can influence the war and how you do that is now displayed even better.
- Unique text engine providing different storylines of the war and mission descriptions (e.g. 10,000 different war declarations possible). Maybe this is the first time this has been successfully accomplished in a computer game.
- New music and SFX created by Nathan Madsen.
- Special locations spawning on the map (like hidden treasures, spy ships, VIP traders, alien artefacts...).
- Smuggling and pirating have been completetly new redesigned. They are more lucrative and meaningful with hideouts and criminal flags wearing off.
- Become Admiral and get command over a fleet of ships (in some missions).
- Attack large space stations and conquer whole star systems!
- Special end-game content: 7 new missions only available for battleships!
- No waiting! In many space trading games it takes you ages to go from X to Y. In Smugglers different star systems are just a mouse-click away!
- And much, much more...