Step into the inexpensive loafers of expert hacker Edward Summerton. Roll up your sleeves, pop your collar and brew a pot of coffee, because today you're going to breach the networks of a mysterious and powerful corporation.
ROOT is a cyber espionage themed stealth FPS that lets you play it how you want: whether creeping along corridors undetected or bursting into rooms to blow away all adversaries. Cyber terrorism is a dangerous profession, and risks have real consequences. Damage sustained cannot be recovered, the slightest mistake will jeopardize your chances to reach the next level.
During this undertaking of corporate crypto-espionage you will face many hostile programs, but your most dangerous enemy is the man who designed them. The Systems Administrator built the System from the ground up and holds immense power within the network. He will use the limitless resources at his disposal to prevent you from achieving your goal: total ROOT access to the System.
- /// Accurate Guns /// Your crosshair is literally a dot. No reticule bloom, no accuracy cones, no B.S. Your shot lands where the cursor points.
- /// Real Stealth /// No "crouch for invisibility," you must tread softly and check your corners.
- /// Boss Fights /// Be prepared for tough, end of level fights. Only truly dangerous enemies are satisfying to defeat.
- /// Interactive Environment /// Objects can be moved, shot, shattered, picked up and thrown.
- /// Adjustable Abstract Visuals /// The inside of a computer is not what you expect. Complete with adjustable color.
- /// Old School Mentality /// This is a game, not a movie. You are in control of all your actions. No QTEs or long animated cut scenes.
- /// Vaguely Witty Dialogue [On/Off] /// Listen to your companion, SHELL, ramble on about various things, which may or may not pertain to the story arc. Don't care what he has to say? Just turn off dialogue in the options menu.