Planet Driller is a mining game where you need to find DarkMatter in order to save the earth. To do this, drill your way through a procedurally generated planet full of minerals that you can sell for cash, then use the cash to upgrade your ship and make the job a lot easier!
Planet Earth needs the recently discovered DarkMatter only found in another galaxy. You are sent to drill a distant planets surface to find DarkMatter and save the world!
- Procedural World. In Planet Driller the world is procedurally generated, so that every new game you start, you have a different experience based on a seed and difficulty with more than 4 Billion different worlds.
- Dynamic Economy. As you discover more minerals the price of each one will start to decrease, based on the law of supply and demand. (i.e the more gold you find, the less it will be worth)
- Procedural Music. All ambient music is procedurally generated MIDI music.
- Upgrades. At first your ship has a slow drill speed, a small tank, low storage and a weak protecting hull, but as you sell more minerals and collect more money, you can buy upgrades for each component that will make the job easier!
- Tools. Several tools will help your journey.
- Explosives, because sometimes blowing up your path is easier then drilling it.
- Beacon, to teleport you back to the surface wherever you are.
- Insurance, to give you a brand new ship once you destroy yours.
- Natural Disasters. The planet you are exploring is hostile and from time to time natural disasters will happen, like meteor showers, earthquakes and blizzards that will make your journey not as pleasant.
- Buy new Ships. Upgrades are fine, but they have a limit. Once you bought every upgrade, you can now buy a brand new more powerful ship.
- Steam Cards, Achievements and Leaderboards (If Steam Enabled)
- As you play you will earn Achievements and Steam cards. You can also submit your score to the Leaderboards and compete with other people and friends.