Making History: The World Wars includes
- Making History II: The War of the World
- Making History: The Great War
MAKING HISTORY II: The War of the World
Prepare for the ultimate grand strategy experience.
International trade, religious and cultural strife, military campaigns, diplomatic negotiations... here, you control it all. MAKING HISTORY II: The War of the World gives players the power to take full control of any world nation, colonies, regions, cities, and military units during the time leading up to and during the Second World War. Armchair generals and fans of grand strategy can take their turns building great empires or protecting the world from tyranny during these pivotal moments in world history.
In addition to nation-level trade and diplomatic concerns, you are tasked with managing region and city-level projects, choosing the right technologies to research, directing military movement and development, conducting international diplomacy, maintaining domestic stability and producing resources vital to making everything else possible. Developing production and research facilities in cities transforms them into centers of industry and technology. Upgraded cities can produce new units and unlock advanced technologies. At the region level, you can build large-scale defensive structures such as radar arrays and fortifications, develop transportation infrastructure, and expand the resource production needed to fuel your economy. Victory on the world stage will require that all levels of your empire work together towards your goals.
Every turn offers countless decisions and options to move forward, writing the history of your empire. Will you block trade routes with your navy, choking off enemy supplies? Will you grant a restless ethnic or religious group independence to prevent widespread revolt? Will you build up your trade agreements and expand your influence with industrial might, or invest in an expensive, technologically advanced army to crush all opposition? In addition to keeping domestic and economic plans on track, you will be challenged by outside powers -- Controlled by human players in a multiplayer match or period-inspired AI -- that will pursue their own national agendas and interfere in the affairs of you and your allies. A shifting political and economic landscape keeps world powers busy adjusting plans, preparing for inevitable clashes.
No two games of MHII will be the same as there are an unlimited number of ways to achieve your goals. The choices you make determine the history of your nation. Whether that history will speak of a liberator or a conqueror is up to you.
- Play any nation on a beautifully rendered 3D world map
- Hundreds of unique land, sea, & air units representing both major & minor powers of the era
- Research an array of weapon systems & tactical improvements; repair, reinforce & upgrade existing forces
- Fly air missions against industrial & military targets
- Extensive economic system covering production, resources, consumption, trade & wealth
- Initiate infrastructure projects that modernize your nation & expand your economic potential
- Construct weapons factories, shipyards, research labs & a variety of other buildings that add specific abilities to your cities & regions
- Intelligent AI instigates, reacts and adapts to the changing game dynamics generating action on the home front & abroad
- Each nation has a unique set of characteristics that influences behavior
- Populations are divided by culture, ethnicity, religion & political ideology; factors that destabilize nations, provoking revolts, coups & civil wars
- Manage your colonies, liberate new nations, establish puppet states or annex their territory
- Engage in espionage & interfere in the internal affairs of your neighbors
- New innovative Multiplayer system greatly reduces the obstacles to long-term games
- Plus much more!
Making History: The Great War
Making History - The Great War: Write your own story and change the course of history as you lead of one of the Great Powers during the era of the First World War. Can you prevail as modern industrialized warfare changes the age of empires forever?
Your actions will influence world events as you navigate a path through shifting alliances, emerging technologies and self-serving nations who hold power over vast populations eager for war. Control industrial expansion, engage in trade, create alliances and lead your military forces in one of the most detailed WWI grand strategy games ever made.
- Change the course of history: Begin at historical starting points then make your own decisions.
- No two games are the same: Each of the great power nations has a unique character and situation that will require different strategies to succeed.
- Experience an entire world going on around you: React to hundreds of possible historical world events from assassinations to the sinking of the Lusitania.
- Immerse yourself in the historical era: Hundreds of nation specific ground, air and naval units as well as city architecture that reflects the time period and geographic location.
- Mobilize your nation for war: Try to achieve victory before your treasury -- and your manpower -- are wiped out.
- Control the Seas: Use your naval fleets to own the seas and blockade ports, or wage unrestricted submarine warfare and sink ships trading with your enemies.
- Make strategic government choices: Establish colonies and puppet states to create buffer zones, win new allies or avoid rebellions.
- Buy and sell in a global economy: Trade resources and manufactured goods on the world market or directly with other nations.
- Build and improve transportation to grow your empire: Use rail to connect regions to increase trade, resource extraction, industrial expansion and troop movement.
- Expand your sphere of influence: Use foreign aid to increase ties with other nations.
- Use the “play anytime” cloud-based multiplayer service: Effortlessly play huge multiplayer games by taking your turn when you wish, even once a day. Role-play your historical counterpart in the diplomacy forum at the http://making-history.com website.
- Make History: Create and share your very own customized “What if…” historical scenario with our detailed scenario editor.