What awaits mankind in 9,000 AD? BorderZone is an action role-playing game that challenges players to assume the role of Olaf, one of the few remaining humans on the planet Terra. Forced to leave the safety of their outpost, gamers venture on quests and into battle, controlling up to five characters. Centuries after the downfall of modern man, players find themselves in the world of Terra, an apocalyptic earth where the past and the future have blurred. The tales of the great catastrophe, The Collapse, have been passed down for generations, although the details have faded. Terran elders speak of a time when people possessed unprecedented power over Nature an ancient and now forgotten, witchcraft known as "Science". Players create Olaf from several disciplines, including thief, magician or soldier. Characters are further developed in the game through group affiliations, moral classes and professions.
Each character is able to use several different types of weapons and will is supplied with a quick weapon access mode. There are more than 80 types of close combat weapons and 10 kinds of projectiles. Magicians will have access to binding, paralyzing, blinding, annihilating and various other types of offensive and defensive spells.
- Electrifying 3-D action with real time effects
- Inventive gameplay characteristics involving challenging battles
- Features various tasks within each alternative destination of choice
- Contemporary game engine with powerful and imaginative graphics
- Up to 10 characters available on the quest
- Hundreds of upgradeable weapons
- Multiplayer capabilities allow for dozens of characters to meet and interact throughout the course of the game