Bionic Commando™ Rearmed is a reworking of the classic 8-bit title Bionic Commando, originally released 20 years ago on the NES. BCR brings the intense side-scrolling, shooting, grappling action right up to date with stunning new visuals, weapons and bionic arm functionality plus a reworked musical score. Other new additions include 2-player co-op mode and an online ranking system. The development team is also planning to deliver unique content for each of the three platforms.
Bionic Commando Rearmed will offer cross-Game interoperability, with completion of certain sections unlocking new content and provide secret insight into characters and plot of the brand new Bionic Commando sequel in development for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
For serious swingers, a series of challenge rooms will provide time based trials, with the fastest being posted on an online leader board.
- Classic Bionic Commando gameplay focusing on use of bionic grappling arm
- 2 player co-op mode
- Total visual overhaul, including dynamic shadows, particle effects and environmental damage
- Re-working of musical score with a modern twist
- Cross-game interoperability
- Unique content for each platform
- In-game art designed by Toshiaki Mori, one of Capcom’s most talented artists
- Bonus challenge rooms will determine who is the king of the swingers
"Bionic Commando Rearmed sets a new benchmark for bite-sized downloadable games. The best elements of the original are back, but have been upgraded to be better than before."
93% - IGN