Arcania: Gothic IV is looking like a game that would entice even the most jaded, over-Oblivioned Crust-Dwarf into a long, deep, immersive session of RPG adventure. – Gamerevolution 06/2010
The team definitely has a keen eye for their audience of established and prospective players. – RPG fan 06/2010
About the Game
War covers the southern islands until it finally reaches the idyllic isle of Feshyr. You take on the role as the new nameless hero after your village has been pillaged and destroyed by paladins of the king. Seeking revenge, you soon realize that this cowardly attack did not just happen on a reckless mercenary`s whim. A mysterious evil power lies in waiting and fortunately you’re not alone to unravel the ancient secrets: your fate is linked to a beautiful lady wearing a powerful artifact from the long-forgotten past...
- COMBAT SYSTEM: An intuitive system that offers a gradual learning curve, special moves and three different basic attack types.
- STORYLINE: A deep, strong story embedded in the successful Gothic universe franchise accompanied by highly diversified side quests. And most can be solved in different ways.
- ACCESSIBILITY: The amenable story, an Intuitive interface and controls, lock on targets and a sophisticated hint system.
- CONTINUOUS ACTION: Pace is kept up along the main plot through regular surprises, cliffhangers and vigorous cut scenes.
- HERO DEVELOPMENT: Gain experience points and level up to upgrade your attributes, skills and crafting abilities.
- A COMPLETELY OPEN WORLD: Enjoy the complete freedom & the almost unlimited options known from the Gothic series.